Siberian Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is the best known of adaptogens, providing energy reserves, helping recovery from both physical and emotional stress, and maintaining vitality. It has a balancing effect on blood pressure, nerves, the endocrine and circulatory systems, and on protein and fat metabolism.
Good for endurance, mood, and productivity, Siberian Eleuthero helps to build blood and improves the body’s ability to absorb and efficiently use oxygen. Supporting immune function, it is mildly stimulating and most people will feel its effects quickly, however its real benefits are cumulative and long term.
Health benefits of Siberian Eleuthero include…
- Increased endurance and anti-fatigue
- Memory and learning improvement
- Adaptogen provides stress resistance
- Heart and circulatory support
- Immune system support
- Increased focus and productivity
The active ingredient in Siberian Eleuthero is Eleutherosides.
Siberian Eleuthero is native to East Asia, China, Japan, and Russia. It grows in mixed and coniferous mountain forests, forming low undergrowth or is found in groups in thickets and edges.
Traditionally used to prevent colds and flu, Siberian Eleuthero is known to increase energy, longevity, and vitality.
Widely used in Russia as an “adaptogen”, it was used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine to treat rheumatism, weak liver and kidneys, low energy levels, and to prevent respiratory infections, including colds and the flu.
All Russian cosmonauts use it, reportedly to increase physical strength, sharpen concentration, improve various parameters of mental power, increase visual acuity, and improve color vision.
Related Reputable Studies
- Flow-cytometric Studies with Eleutherococcus Senticosus Extract as an Immunomodulatory Agent
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized, pilot clinical trial of ImmunoGuard®
- The synthesis of Rantes, G-CSF, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-12 and IL-13 in human whole-blood cultures is modulated by an extract from Eleutherococcus senticosus L. roots
- Eleutherococcus senticosus reduces cardiovascular stress response in healthy subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial