Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) is known by various common names, many of which refer to the plant’s medicinal use and extreme bitterness. A traditional libido enhancer, it is known to provide stamina for long jungle treks, increasing blood flow and enhancing performance, virility, endurance, and strength.
Studies have shown that Tongkat Ali also increases plasma testosterone levels. It is most popular in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and China. There currently is intense scientific research into pharmaceutical uses.
The health benefits of Tongkat Ali include…
- Energy Booster
- Sexual Enhancer
- Supports male fertility
- Boosts athletic performance
- Helps reduce body fat
- Supports blood pressure
The active ingredients in Tongkat Ali have not yet been identified.
Tongkat Ali is a tall, slender evergreen shrub-tree tree native to Malaysia and Indonesia, as well as to a lesser extentThailand, Vietnam, and Laos.
Longjack’s roots have been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years. Only roots at least 10 years old are considered effective.
Malaysian men claim that tea made from this plant improves their sexual abilities and virility. As a result, this plant is in such high demand that it is now considered a “protected” species.
In Indonesia (where Longjack is known as pasak bumi), young plants are not used for medicinal purposes. Because Indonesia is the only country where it is still found in the wild, it also is the only country where one can obtain old roots.
There are no plantations where Longjack has been grown for at least ten years. In Malaysia, Longjack was declared a protected plant, as over-collection in the wild has almost eradicated it from the forests of that country.
Related Reputable Studies
- A new herbal combination, Etana, for enhancing erectile function: an efficacy and safety study in animals. International Journal of Impotence Research
- Eurycoma longifolia Jack in managing idiopathic male infertility
- Evaluation of the potency activity of aphrodisiac in Eurycoma longifolia Jack.
- Standardised water-soluble extract of Eurycoma longifolia, Tongkat ali, as testosterone booster for managing men with late-onset hypogonadism